Moving Forward with Your Brand

Wednesday, January 13, 2016


For those of you that have been following me for a while, you're probably pretty familiar with my process. It's actually very detailed and in depth, but if I had to summarize it - it would go like this: brand homework, brand assessment, storyboarding, team curation, production, and strategic execution. 



I did that exact process for my brand. Because I had to fill out homework for my logo and website (and truthfully, I've sort of always had random stacks of notes about my brand :), I went straight into storyboarding. I made a private Pinterest board and was extremely, extremely particular about what I would pin. I had to clear my head of the things that I loved but I knew weren't true to me. You have to pin with your gut... your honest instinct. And most importantly, I wanted to tap into visuals that reflected my vision moving forward



After curating my team, I set up the shoot. My studio manager was there to capture behind the scene images and even video clips. Before the shoot started, I communicated to her that I really wanted some footage of me engaging with the stylist and makeup artists, as well as me directing the model. Why? Because I really wanted visuals that showed the one thing I know is special to my brand - my connection with my clients. This connection happens when the entire team understands the vision, and sometimes it takes life during the actual shoot. Let me just say - it was OVERWHELMING! And I mean that in the best possible way. The inspiration was everywhere and I had to constantly focus on my vision board to make sure I was nailing my visual objectives for this project. 



Coming home with this content was exciting, a bit daunting, and left me with a buzz. I know I've only shared it in glimpses over the past month or two, but that's what this particular project was called to do - leave a trail of where I have been heading to. In a way, these are my visual footprints that mark my ever growing path. Sometimes we need projects like these that we don't share all at once because they serve a different purpose. It's quite funny actually, to do a brand shoot for myself when my work is based on other's brands. But my message and who I am remains the same: I am a risk-taker, a dreamer who works for other dreamers that will always seek the human connection between a brand and their audience.

1 comments:

  1. You're amazing Ale! I've watched each and every one of your videos over the years and am constantly amazed by how you draw out and communicate the story!

    ReplyDelete

 

Ale Vidal © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger