Outfit Chronicles: Retro Nautical

Sunday, August 7, 2011



It's funny how I've purged my clothes SO many times due to moving around and I just wasn't able to let go of this sweaterish-vest I got from Plato's Closet a year ago. I tried pairing it with different outfits and they just wouldn't work. Then finally, this baby made his debut....




.. with flying colors! The vest and high-waist shorts are what give this nautical outfit the retro twist.



By the way, have y'all ever tried mixing lipsticks? Well, that red lipstick (Estee Lauder -nectarine) up there (first photo) is from my great friend Stacey and I coated it with the other metallic pink lipstick (from CVS only $.99!) to give me the color I'm wearing in these photos. Great way to tone down bold colors or just make up your own ;)



vest: Plato's Closet, tube-top: H&M, shorts + necklace + earrings: F21, shoes: DSW





Is it too late for the "equestrian" classic look? I'm getting drawn to fitted, blue & gray button ups and am dying for a blazer right now. Phoenix, throw me a bone! We just need it UNDER 100 degrees so I don't look like a complete fool wearing a button up with rolled up sleeves.

Tomorrow: hopefully I'll have my post on 'posing' ready to go up. Second, I am going to start doing a "For the Brides" post once a week! Those will probably be short posts on cute finds for brides :) Imaginale Design is officially opening up to the wedding industry so I thought it would be fitting to provide my future brides with inspiration :)

Last: how was your weekend? We went and saw Crazy, Stupid, Love which had some really hilarious moments. But when can you go wrong with Steve Carell? Then on Saturday night at 9 p.m. we spontaneously went to a coffee shop and shared a chai latte. And just talked :) Then Jose dreamed that we had a little girl and named her Samantha Montgomery. Samantha Montgomery friends. That's my Southern husband :)

1 comments:

  1. Looking cute girl! Although let me correct you - in my dream you had named her while I wasn't there! I was probably just tapping into your subconscious while we dreamed. I even thought to myself (in the dream) - "I thought we had already picked another name?" :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Ale Vidal © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger