When I'm dreaming

Tuesday, May 10, 2011



...I tried to find a quote to explain the ache and exhilaration that photography gives me, but it was late and I needed to get to bed. I stopped googling and just stared at the photo I was so excited about. This photo was such an amazing mistake. Brittany wanted to pose by the orange trees at the end of our shoot. A joke... you know, funny photo. In fact, we didn't take ANY photos by this orange tree for our second round of photos. It was only when she was walking towards the tree that I quickly picked my camera up and snapped the photo.

Since it was so impulsive, I immediately checked my LCD screen to make sure my exposure was correct and I gasped. The photo felt like such a fairy tale. A porcelain princess escaping.

And so the words fell into my finger tips and I typed away...

My favorite place to hide, eyes closed and lungs alive.

6 comments:

  1. Mistakes are made by people who don't know what they are doing. I would call it a "loosely structured experiment"...and it is arguably when people do their best work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo and quote gave me chills just now. Yep, still got 'em. Whew! LOVE IT!!! I think I know what you mean by the ache and exhilaration. I experience that so often listening to a good Romantic Era classical composition or a moving art piece. It makes something inside me yearn. For what? Kind of...everything! Hard to pin only a few things down. All the feelings are mixed together. I have the same reaction with this picture. Just compelling. Let's also give God some credit here: Brittany is a work of art herself! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful!!!

    m.fay
    amateur couture

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jose-- love the perspective :) You are so good to me!

    Seth-- yes!! Love that you share in that same passion and appreciation of art and I'm honored my photo pulled you in the same way. Yes, Brittany is absolutely a work of art!! :)

    Thanks M! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...you and Seth have a way with words! And you're both making me blush.

    I love reading your posts Ale. They are always wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jose-- love the perspective :) You are so good to me!

    Seth-- yes!! Love that you share in that same passion and appreciation of art and I'm honored my photo pulled you in the same way. Yes, Brittany is absolutely a work of art!! :)

    Thanks M! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Ale Vidal © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger