Outfit Chronicles: Hippie Style

Friday, February 18, 2011

I can't even tell you how LONG I have had these type of headbands, only to lack the guts to wear them this way in public...



Inspired by the Rustic Winterland photoshoot I had done the day before, I decided to finally wear it to church. It's not really anything to be excited about, but it WAS a big deal for me! Sometimes I'll design ideas for models and feel too silly to wear it myself.



I pulled my favorite Spain dress on, a matching sweater on top with my fav 50 cent vintage belt, and some comfy boots. I got a lot of great feedback, including being called a hippie :)



Can I just give a shout out to Jose?! I always ask him to take my outfit photos, and with some guidance.. he has gotten SO good!

Sometimes he'll take some in the middle of me doing something and it comes out crazy like this...
(I was pulling the head band off)


Or really awesome, like this...




Dress: boutique in Spain, leggings: Charolette Russe, belt: Zinnia's Thrift Store, sweater: I think a hand me down?, headband: F21, boots: Shoe Land, earrings: F21 (ONLY $1.50!!)

Do you ever envision an outfit and possibly have it in your closet but are too afraid to wear in public? Jose refuses to believe that I ever feel shy about wearing something. Um, WRONG! I just want to be sure it's true to my style and not trying to force something I'm not. And considering the happy faces, peace signs, and bulky bracelets I used to wear in middle school ... hippie inspiration isn't far from my style ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ale Vidal © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger