Day 66: Wishing & Worrying

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Today we have a guest post! It is from Brianna Kilgore. Can I say how proud I am of her? I personally know what a struggle and PAIN it is to post on your blog everyday. To actually push yourself to be consistent, and to put yourself out there. Sometimes you get feedback, and sometimes you don't. It's hard to stay motivated when you don't receive feedback, but you have to remind yourself that you're doing this for YOUR improvement. Focus on learning and growing, and the feedback will come in time. Brianna has made that step to commit to her photography and I'm excited to watch her work transform. That's what I love about blogging... you can look back on your first set of pictures and actually see your growth. This is why I think posting your photos is so important!

Anyyyyway, on to the photo!



From Brianna: "This picture represents how I've been feeling lately. 6 months ago I was let go from my job and decided to pursue photography as more than a hobby. With the added free time I've acquired I've been shooting and learning more about my camera and the photography business. But I've also been worrying about the future. Worrying about how I'm going to pay my rent this month. Am I going to be able to afford that hard drive I've been eyeing on the B&H website? Will I ever be a professional photographer? As women I feel that we are always worrying about the future. About future jobs, about future love interests, about how we are going to feed our families. What gets me through the day is cherishing the time I have to hone my skill and finding alot of free things to do! lol!

I love the urban feel of the photo. From my own perspective, Brianna's photos have a very edgy and urban look to them. Or I might just bias them that way since she's from NY :P What would you classify them as Bri?

Thank you chica for your submission!! Let's keep trekking on this journey and look back a year from now to this post. I believe you'll see more dessert pictures from me ;)

"It's not what we eat but what we digest that makes us strong; not what we gain but what we save that makes us rich; not what we read but what we remember that makes us learn; and not what we profess but what we practice that gives us integrity." --Francis Bacon, SR
----------
To participate in my 100 day challenge, submit your photo representing your interpretation of "feminine" and about a paragraph describing your interpretation to alejandra@imaginaledesign.com -- Read more about it here.

1 comments:

  1. I don't know what to call my style yet. I'm still working on that myself. And when I figure it out you will be one of the first to know! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Ale Vidal © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger