Day 41: Mohka Life

Thursday, March 18, 2010



I wish I wasn't posting this late because I am so excited to share it... but that's been the story of my life lately -- getting home past 11 p.m.

So. You wanna know?

Back in December I was approached about a fashion movement that some individuals were creating for Emory University. Clearly Emory is not only where I work, but where I went to school. This "fashion movement" is basically an online magazine that would encourage Emory students to be exposed to trends, current entertainment, who's who, and you know.. that kind of stuff that Emory isn't. After this meeting, then after this whole project has developed, I was asked to be the Director of Photography.

I absolutely LOVE being challenged to a new form of photography: fashion. And let me tell you, one taste and I was in. While I'm obsessed over babies, couples, weddings, and people in general -- there's something SO amazing about creating a mood. I suppose it's the filmmaker inside of me, guiding a trained "actor" (i.e. model) in a scene, with a make-up artist, a specific concept, and great lighting.

Unfortunately, right as this project is launching T-O-D-A-Y, I am months from leaving Atlanta. *sigh* And here it is folks... I present to you MOHKA LIFE. Check the magazine out!!!

And this was the result of my experience:







That's a taste of the photoshoot -- hope you enjoyed :) After opening these doors, I'm just hoping I can explore them even more in Arizona. This is definitely my cup of tea...

What do you think?

"I, who fall short in managing my own affairs, can see just how it would profit my neighbor if I managed his." -Anne Ellis, far-sighted frontierswoman
----------
To participate in my 100 day challenge, submit your photo representing your interpretation of "feminine" and about a paragraph describing your interpretation to alejandra@imaginaledesign.com -- Read more about it here.

2 comments:

  1. They look awesome! The last one especially looks like something out of a fashion magazine--but I guess it is, isn't it? I was wondering what had ever happened with all that.
    ~Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Haha... I suppose it is :) Yep, can you believe I've been holding in that long? We talked about it way back during your shoot!

    You know what's funny about the last one? It's in the Briarcliff building, in the girl's locker room which is SUPER tiny. We managed to squeeze some lights in and I was standing on the SAME bar she was sitting.

    ReplyDelete

 

Ale Vidal © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger