Day 20: Twisted Thoughts

Friday, February 26, 2010

Well, if I don't complete the 100 Days, I can walk away knowing that I tried my best. Poor Jose had to rearrange our movie-times for our date so that I could post this before midnight.

However! I really love these pictures! The last of my "neighborhood walk" set, this image is a representation of feminine curves -- emotionally and physically. Once again another concept I'd like to re-interpret: curves. Though I have to say this has a "dark" feeling to it. Instead of focusing on the physical aspect, these images to me are more of a torn, overwhelming, and all over the place kind of emotions. I'm not going to say that women tend to lean more on the emotional side rather than logical, but I can say I do.




Similar to these branches, my thoughts are running 90 mph -- scattered and entangled. There are times when my emotions are excited and inspired by something (photography? love?), and there are moments when my frustration gets the best of me so I don't feel at peace. And of course, there's the stress that eats at me sometimes... the daunting task of getting my obligations done (the not-so-fun stuff). These branches look like they're ready to crawl out of the screen and PULL YOU IN! Did you get a different interpretation from this?

Crap. I'm at Jose's and I don't have my calendar (I'm lucky I had my laptop in the car!). So let's go with one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite women:

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." -Audrey Hepburn, a truly feminine and classic individual

----------
To participate in my 100 day challenge, submit your photo representing your interpretation of "feminine" and about a paragraph describing your interpretation to alejandra@imaginaledesign.com -- Read more about it here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ale Vidal © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger