Day 14: Old School

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Is writing on your body feminine? My fiance asked me this while editing the photo. I argue that it is because I don't remember boys writing on their arms, hands, _(insert body part)_ when I was in school. Unless they were getting a girl's phone number... then that's another story, haha.

So today I celebrated being in love, having a crush, and non-stop thinking of the person that makes you write on yourself. Whether it was your initials, a heart, a stick figure holding hands, or a wanna-be tattoo. Back when "love" seemed simple -- or what we thought was love. Defining that memory with your pen and body part as though you never wanted that feeling to fade away. A diary entry open for everyone to see.



Except not many people "filled in" their hearts with lipstick. Though, this is referring to being feminine, isn't it? ;)

"I don't mean to be a diva, but some days you wake up and you're Barbara Streisand." -Courtney Love, grunge girl turned society page seeker

----------
To participate in my 100 day challenge, submit your photo representing your interpretation of "feminine" and about a paragraph describing your interpretation to alejandra@imaginaledesign.com -- Read more about it here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ale Vidal © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger