Evelyn Grace Hipp

Sunday, October 25, 2009



Before I get to the beautiful baby girl I'm featuring today, some of you may be curious as to how the wedding went.

As I said before, this was my first client who hired me based on my work and not because I was a "friend" who was also a photographer. I met her on the floor of my building and happened to walk into the room when she was talking about finding wedding photography. After seeing my website she contacted me and a few weeks later, hired me :)

As a second shooter, I usually would leave before the wedding was over. Since this was my first full wedding, I was there the whole night. Boy! It was exhausting. You have to keep your energy up and be ready to be in 10 different places at once. I was also by myself, so I needed to be on my toes.

There were some things I was expecting to do that I didn't get to because the weather and time did not allow. However, I made use of my time before everything started to get EVERY detail shot I could think of (will get into details when I feature the whole post). I've learned so much about how important this is from reading all of the photoblogs & wedding blogs that I do. I have to admit that the advantage of being engaged is that I love reading wedding blogs, and doing so everyday exposes me a lot to understanding wedding photography.

I want to tell you about the WONDERFUL family and how sweet Karina (the bride) and her bridesmaids were. But I will get to that when I feature the whole post. Let's just say the experience was one where I learned that you can't get caught up in what you see in other blogs and magazines. For one, weather can change all of your plans. It rained and all around the beautiful venue it was muddy. So all of the shots I wanted to take of Karina & Tony by the lake, the benches, and the gazebo were no longer an option. Because everything got started a little late, we only took a few pictures of the two of them after all of the family portraits. So while I had all these ideas for the 2 of them, time & weather did not allow. The lighting is also challenging when everything is indoors or when it's cloudy outside.

Overall, as a photographer I pushed myself to use what I had to the best of my ability. I have to say that Tony (the groom) was the life of the party and truly hilarious. Luckily, I feel really good about capturing that spirit on camera and I can't wait to share it with you all :)

Now... I leave you with my first GIRL newborn shoot. Okay, there is just something SO adorable about photographing a baby girl that made my heart soar. I think it's being able to dress them up and add jewelry and even hair flowers! I can't wait to have a girl -- I hope I do!

Feet shots are my favorite!


Remember Alexander? His mom made me this cocoon :)




This is Evelyn's trademark "O" face :)





We were cracking up at this one when Evelyn just naturally made this pose! To which someone posted this link when Elise posted this picture on her Facebook album.



Do you remember when I told y'all I had bought this hat for this shoot?! This is it! :)


So beautiful!!


Awww :)


One of my favorites




Love this one...



I adore baby yawns and sneezes



They look in awe of her :)


Devin mocking Evelyn, hehe.



Devin, Elise, and Evelyn Hipp :) Thank you!


If you missed the video, you can watch it here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ale Vidal © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger