Yvette and Darren: Wedding Film

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Seriously.
There are just certain couples that move you as an artist. Where you pull back at the completion of your work and think: this is where I want to be. And no matter how many other projects my crazy little brain wants to create - I don't think there's anything like the celebration of THIS. This... marriage. To be worthy of someone's love, to be loyal, to be LESS of yourself in order to be whole, together

Darren and Yvette. These two. My hands down favorite moment is right as Yvette and her dad turn the corner, right before walking down the isle, Darren gets a look at her then turns to his best man and shakes his head. In just that shaking of his head, you know Darren is saying "I can't, I can't hold these tears back." And his best man - his confidante - just laughs. Because he knows Darren. He knows what Yvette does to him.. and it's insanely beautiful. These two. I'm so honored to tell their story in motion:


p.s. The photographer was the one and only Jose Villa. You can imagine what an insane feeling it was to have attended his workshop 2 years ago, and then be right there working alongside of him. I was dying in anticipation of what this day would be like and let me tell you - it was amazing. If you've ever worked with me - you know I'm a vocal photographer (i.e. dyyyyying. The liiiight!! YESSS YES!). Well, both Jose and I were doing that and couldn't stop laughing because we were both wrapped up in what was in front of us. I can go on and on. I just... man, it's unreal. You'll just have to sit down with me for coffee to talk about this one! ;)

17 comments:

  1. To not even know them and have tears in my eyes watching that crazy beautiful love, wow. The gift you have for capturing the powerful and moving is making life a lovely thing indeed!!! Thank you for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ale, wow. I felt like I was there, so beautifully done. I wish I would've known you when I got married!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there just aren't words for how beautiful that is. i got cold chills at the beginning in the moment with her mom and my favorite part was when her dad gave her away and darren nods through tears...you are simply amazing ale! i love love love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations Yvette and Darren.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful story and loved the song. Perfect couple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! What was the name of the song?! It was beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's "Rest of My Life" by Holley Maher :)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful!! great great coverage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photos you have share are too good. You have did a great work. Thanks for sharing these weeding photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SOOO beautiful :)--Charity

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing video. Beautiful couple and gorgeous gown. Any idea where she got it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. very beautiful..it looks pretty awesome! congratulations to both of you..the capture really looks great, i love watching the video too..

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a beautiful idea and works so well with the music the happy couple must be so proud.

    ReplyDelete

 

Ale Vidal © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger