To Hold

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

When was the last time you looked through a set of photos of an event on print?  Instead of scrolling on a laptop, to actually touch them and flip through them...

When Jose and I got home from Texas on Monday night, we had a package waiting for us from Buffy. We got ready for bed, jumped on top of the covers and started looking through the photographs.  Ooo-ing and Aaaa-ing, picking out our favorites and trying to think about what we are going to do with them.  Funny how special it feels to hold a photo.  Makes me strongly consider how my clients would feel about that.

Photographs by Buffy Dekmar Photography

But I've always been a sucker for anything that makes me feel nostalgic.  Printed photos do that for me. If you have never had a photoshoot with your loved one -- I can't recommend it enough.  And it starts with picking a photographer you connect with and trust.  And please... feel free to splurge a little on yourself :)  It's all worth it in the end because these photos will live on forever.  This moment in Jose and I's life are recorded on photographic paper so that hopefully one day, a pair of little hands with pink nails will be holding them too.

p.s. Yes, I will definitely be sharing my favorites on my blog soon!

3 comments:

  1. My husband and I are Hybrid photographers and we have been looking in to doing the same thing. We know that clients love to get a gift of some kind in the mail. With shooting film there is nothing like seeing it in print. So instead of it being a dvd or thumb drive we have been looking at ways to deliver a few proofs and then send the digital files to the client through "show-it PASS". We heard Jasmine Star talking about how awesome it is for delivering to your clients.
    So that is a LOVE your idea from us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! I LOVE your idea! However, I am in love with the little thumb drives I created. I will always be a huge supporter of Show It and its services so I'm not knocking PASS ;) And have you been reading my mind?! The whole hybrid shooting is consuming my brain. I realize when people aren't overwhelmed with too many photos and have just a handful of gorgeous prints -- it makes such a difference. Let's just say you're getting a peek into my potential future ;) ;)

      Delete
  2. Very good thoughts here, Ale. Gonna have to think on this!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Ale Vidal © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger