Ringing in the New Year.. Faux Hawk and all

Monday, January 2, 2012

I was on the couch, lounging in my slippers and PJ's, and my laptop on the couch beside me. I looked over at the time and had about 40 minutes until we were heading to Seth's house for his New Year's party. It was time to get dressed.

But as I sat there, I immediately thought about a faux hawk. You see, I've been wanting to do one for the longest time and what more appropriate time to do such a dramatic hair style then for a New Year's party?! You know, those dresses or accessories that you're like "wow, where would I wear this to?" So I dashed upstairs and the hair spraying began...

I was ALMOST finished with it, when I yelled from the bathroom "I'm running out of bobby pins!!!" and Jose yelled from downstairs "give it up! you might as well stop now." What?! Stop now?! Did he not see the 15 bobby pins already in my hair?! I ran around, dumping little drawers I had, knowing I misplace bobby pins all the time. I found 9 more. Sucker!



I was ready to ring in the New Year. I'll be posting more photos of my faux hawk along with the tutorial I used on my Facebook Page! So "Like" it if you haven't and let me know if you try it for yourself :)

Off to Seth's house we went and celebrated with great friends..





Seth, getting low on minute-to-win-it.






And we decided to have some fun with the sparklers :)





Any hair styles you want to try? I'm ready to see what 2012 will bring. Certainly more moments where Jose will continue to say "you know, it doesn't have to be that crazy." That usually means I'm on the right path ;)

4 comments:

  1. Love your faux hawk! That has to be the most sophisticated one I've ever seen. I just recently started pinning faux hawks on pinteret. Always funny the timing on things. :) Looking forward to the tutorial!
    The sparkler pictures are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Raven!! That is too funny. I had thought about them for a long time and I'm SO happy I finally tried it on New Years. Tutorial should be up today!! You gotta try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year sweet girl, your faux hawk looks awesome! I love the sparkler pics, looks like you guys had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! It was a nice, intimate night indeed :) :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Ale Vidal © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger