Outfit Chronicles: Dazzled and Tamed

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I think this was a first in... who knows how long that I didn't blog on a Monday! This last month had to be one of the most hectic months ever. In one weekend Jose and I moved out, I had a wedding to assist, AND I had a dance performance AFTER dance practice. All in 2 days.

I typically prep my Monday posts on Sunday night, but I've been coming home after dance practice on Sundays with my legs aching. Being on your feet for about 8 hours, then dancing the next day has truly been exhausting me. And I wouldn't be nearly as caught up if it wasn't for my amazing hubs. Not sure what I'd do without my man!! Probably eat cereal for dinner and buy a massage chair. And I'm pretty sure they don't make pretty looking massage chairs, so that idea is out!

This outfit inspiration came from this pin on my Pinterest..

I call it the tamed dazzle.




sparkly top: plato's closet, polo button up: my sister's closet, jeans: charolette russe

Basically you pair the neutral with the bling ;) So I thought I would do that with my nail polish!




And that my friends is some tamed bling bling.



On a side note, I love this quote by Jasmine Star:

"That's when it hit me: those who quietly sit behind a computer and study, photograph for the love of learning, and freely give to others in the name of moving the industry forward are putting in their 20 miles. Every day.

And we don't have to finish first to know we ran a good race." -- It really grounds me during this moment of planning and restlessness. Hope you find moments to give -- and love -- freely :)

4 comments:

  1. I love this post, and that quote! It's inspiring:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick thoughts: Love the outfit! It's such a great mix. I think it's so cool you dance you're heart out, even if it hurts. Be kind to your knees. Your nails look cool. Jose is the MAN - an inspiration. Stay hungry in your pursuits, but enjoy what today has to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you were trying to do, but gold sequences and light blue lines are two different patterns. They don't seem to go together very well. Just my 2 cents.

    The outfit that inspired you works because there isn't an extra pattern (the blue lines). They're solid colors, and darkish, too, so it works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Yes, Jose is definitely the man -- and fortunately, my man :) Seth, that was an awesome set of quick thoughts, haha.

    Anonymous - totally appreciate your 2 cents (and your politeness :). Though I have to say that I paired them because the line of the sequences were following the same direction as the blue lines on the polo. I really like the lightness of the colors. But you know, maybe pairing with something darker (and solid) would make it completely better. All about trial and error so I hope people learn from my mistakes as well ;)

    ReplyDelete

 

Ale Vidal © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger