Outfit Chronicles: Plum Fall

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I decided to add a little something to Outfit Chronicles to give y'all ideas for your own outfits: color schemes! This way if you have these particular colors in your closet, you might be inspired to put an outfit together or interpret it your way :)








Top: Plato's closet (remember my thrifty $4 find?! This is it!), jeans: Charolette Russe, necklace + earrings: F21, shoes: DSW, clutch: Dillards make-up freebie

Today I will be prepping for a rather interesting party I am throwing tonight. I've thrown a few parties before, but this is a first. It's a Branding Party -- with an intimate group of photographers that will be all about style, strategy, and ... branding ;) I want to say I "dream" about this, but really... it's a goal for me to one day be teaching about branding.

I took the Strengths Finder test after reading this book (which blew my mind), and one of my 5 strengths is maximizer. Listen to this... I mean, seriously:

"Because of your strengths, you now and then rely on your ability to help certain people find reasons to link up with one another. Perhaps areas of common ground or mutual understanding are discovered only when you are present. [....] You strive to honor everyone’s uniqueness and preferences. Understanding a person’s ambitions gives you insights into the type of support, training, experiences, partnerships, and nurturing he or she needs to thrive."

AHHH!! That has now more than ever confirmed this goal (coupled with many conversations with friends and colleagues). Have you ever felt so sure about something for your future?

Anyway, weren't we on Outfit Chronicles? Sorry ;) Hope y'all like the new color scheme implementation! This is something I've been doing with my recent clients and find that it really helps individuals pull outfits together. Have an ambitious and stylish Wednesday everyone ;)

1 comments:

  1. Love the outfit and palette! Per-fec-tion. I should be getting a copy of the book this week, myself! Can't wait. I think it's going to show me as a maximizer - I share a lot of those qualities. Looking forward to getting my branding on later! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

 

Ale Vidal © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger