I'm home...

Thursday, September 15, 2011



Haven't quite collected my thoughts from my Santa Barbara trip. Or even unpacked my luggage.






But as soon as Jose (my husband -- haha, not the photographer Jose Villa) brought me home, I made him close his eyes and I unpacked everything I received from the workshop. Acting like Christmas Eve, I had him open his eyes and I revealed each gift, one by one. Film rolls, prints, notepads, books, and other burlap-wrapped goodies. He asked me questions ... tons of questions. We ate chocolate, hand picked cherries, and Danish cookies. And before we knew it, it was almost 1 a.m.

I basically passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow, and for the first time did not hear ANY of Jose's alarms go off this morning. As I look around at all of the beautiful items I came home with from Jose Villa's workshop, I dream that one day I'll be staying up late making these crazy, detailed gifts for my own workshop attendees. That they too come home to their spouse, heart over the moon with goals and inspiration and plans for their own business. And if they're really lucky, their spouse will listen intently the entire night, careless of the hours, dreaming with them :)

3 comments:

  1. Awww...This is such a sweet post! I can feel the energy flying off of these words! This new season is going to be a bright one full of new challenges and surprises. I can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet and happy sentiments! The last line made me smile especially. Also the first and second photos I adore. So simple, yet so beautiful. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be the one you hope and dream with - forever. I am so glad to have you back and to get the opportunity to enjoy life through your love, passion, and excitement. You are the absolute best at what you do and I can't want for everyone else to stop and notice :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Ale Vidal © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger