Inspiration + Exhaustion = No Sleep.. or Pancakes

Sunday, August 14, 2011

We managed to finally make it to bed around 2 in the morning last night. I know. It's like we're back in college.

See, I've been blessed with the opportunity to showcase my work at a gallery for Phoenix One -- a city-wide worship gathering for young professionals in their 20’s and 30’s in Phoenix. So when I was told I had a 7x7 foot space to work with, there were bombs of ideas going off in my head.

Unfortunately, this was all in a matter of a week which somehow turned into we-only-have-5-days-and-paint-won't-dry-fast-enough-oh-my-gosh-what-am-I-doing week. Ever had those days? Chaos.

This is where I pulled some of my inspiration from....



(credit: here, here, here, and here)

I hit a point when I thought about everything I had to do, everything there was left to do, and I just wanted to crawl into a hole. With pancakes (what? I was hungry too). But my husband didn't let me. In fact, he drove to a vintage store with black knees (from spray painting) just to help me decide on my props. I had been in there for an hour and imagined little artists in my brain having a strike from inspiration overload (yes, they probably had cute little signs during their strike).

No seriously, he had to (as he so eloquently put it) "rally the troops in." He walked into the store, took 1 minute to walk the entire place, and said "alright, keep those 3 things and let's go." Let me just throw my hands up and say that I don't know whether it's a man thing, an engineer thing, but it's an ability I don't have.

And this was our weekend...




A little peek at our labor.

Honestly, this whole blog post should just be one fat THANK YOU to Jose Vidal. He is a spray paint warrior. Black knees, swollen/numb thumb, and too many wipe ups to count. On top of that, he's dealing with a girl who at times would say "that looks way too symmetrical." Makes a man want to twitch I'm sure.

But today he is at work on only 4 hours of sleep and I needed you guys to know how lucky I am. Because at the end of the day, my inspiration and designs are empowered and uplifted by the help and support of my husband. We struggled, we cried (no wait, that was just me), and we even laughed. Probably deliriously. And now it's almost done. We set up this afternoon and tomorrow is the gallery!

Phew. Let me know if you have any ideas on what I might be doing ;) I plan on having a give-away after the gallery!

5 comments:

  1. I love you baby. This really lifted my spirit. Now that all the hard work is over, we can just sit back and enjoy the fruits of our labor :) it's going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These times are some defining moments early in a marriage. Are you going to be there for each other in the trenches when the clock is ticking and brains and nerves are fried? The answer Jose gave here was a resounding yes! The support that you give each other braids more strands of rope between the tie the binds your hearts together. Bravo for pushing through. Bravo for choosing to show love in a frustrating few days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are the perfect team :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seth -- I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm a lucky wife :)

    Thank you Jenn! I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...he's dealing with a girl who at times would say "that looks way too symmetrical." Makes a man want to twitch...

    wow does that sound too familiar. I've learned to always shift things off center before presenting them to my wife. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Ale Vidal © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger