Distraction: Babies and Children

Thursday, May 19, 2011

I have a problem. Keep your children away. FAR away if you want them back. Honestly, I don't know what's going to happen when I'm blessed with children one day. Will I still be as obsessed? It's the most insanely magnetic feeling when I'm around kids and babies that I have to focus on the task at hand. My arms start to automatically reach out towards the baby (stranger or not) before I'm even aware I'm doing it! Thus my mind has to send my arms a message to chill out. Or maybe that's Jose's loud voice actually saying "chill out girl!"

I'll leave you with an example. My friend Hannah hired me to take photos of her beautiful baby shower last weekend and what is most likely to be at baby showers? Babies and children. And the game of bingo... but I digress. It only took seconds for my attention to drift...



Girls crack me up. Whether you want to attribute it to genetics or mimicking what we see socially, I'm amazed at how nurturing little girls are.



This little cutie took a stuffed lion that Hannah received with her gifts and decided it was her baby. I look over and see her wrapping the lion up with one of the tissue papers that littered the floor from opened gifts.



I was cracking up at her crafted blanket and the way she would cradle her lion. You better believe I was one of those little girls. Obsessed with babies then just like I am now.



Then apparently it was lion's nap time. Tucked in by his new mama lion ;)



So, really... do you BLAME me for being distracted?!

And Jose wants to put a quota on the number of photos I take when we have our own kids? At this rate you might as well come tie my hands. OUT OF CONTROL. I'm out of control.

Happy Friday ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ale Vidal © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger